Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last day in Paris and then ...Orleans!

Bonsoir!

I am now in Orleans. We caught the train here - it took 1.5h, just enough time for me to eat my train snack (Raspberry and Lime Tart) and then read some of Storm of Swords (i.e. Game of Thrones).

Spent the day exploring Paris...again. Today, ladies and gentlemen, comrades and patriots, I give you:

Cute Apartments of Paris!







Essentially, I just want to live in one of these cute little places, and sit on my balcony and eat raspberries.

I wont be drinking capuccinos in my Parisienne dream however, today I asked for one and was given this:


.....yes, this is a short black with a pile of froth.....

The French are however far more accomplished at making pastries. So much so that I won't fault them the coffee...


They also make some pretty good bread!



And finally here is the view from my hotel room in Orleans. 

The concierge at this hotel is officially my favourite French person ever after he conducted the whole checking in process in the world's slowest French for me. 


A Bientot!




2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hey I remember that sophera building! looks a bit grey! Are you warm enoug??

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.