Thursday, June 28, 2012

Soldes, soldes, soldes!

Sales shopping in La France! .......best thing ever!

Today marked the beginning of the Summer Sales (or Soldes as they call them) in France. I like the congruence between our sales in Australia starting on the 27th of December and these starting on the 27th June.

Unfortunately I was a really bad blog keeper and actually didn't take any photos of the stores, which were packed.

Today, unfortunately has been the only hot day in this summer so far! It was 28 degrees, which I feel is a solid effort for Europe, which so far has been managing to pull off a summer of 13, 14 and 15 degree rainy days! The heat however made the crowds sweaty and smelly which was mildly unpleasant!

Here are my pretty purchases....




and here are some other random things which might be of interest or amusement!


Only in France would they have a tram station called "Droits de l'Homme" - yes, you heard it, "Rights of Man."




I found this cute little picture in one of the corridors at uni, the translation is "The Fabulous Progress of History: Barbarossa invents the 100m free swim in amour in 1190" 

This on the other hand is a more professional "bande desinee" or comic strip. Bande desinees are really popular in France and read by an astounding number of children and adults. Near my house there is a Christian bookstore, and I found them preaching the word in somewhat unconventional means.... 

Le Messie = The Messiah


I like the way the Apostles look ready to pull out some Kung Fu in this picture!


The Angel Gabrielle and Mary....


These, I would gather, are the bad guys.....



1 comment:

Robyn said...

Manga Jesus.....(Shaking head)